Smart Tweezers Iskra – LED Tester
Smart Tweezers Iskra™ is a specialized expert solution for testing and verification of SMD LEDs. Its unique mechanical and electronic design combines a pair of high quality gold plated tweezers and a digital LED tester in compact, lightweight, battery powered instrument.
Testing Surface Mount and Through-hole LEDs
Surface mount devices are usually more difficult to test and identify SMD than conventional components due to their size. Smart Tweezers Iskra™ gives users an easy way to test and verify various types of SMD LEDs even already placed on boards. The probe can also be used to test thru-hole LEDs.
Smart Tweezers Iskra™ performs automatic LED polarity detection using a unique safe adaptive test algorithm. After LED polarity detection, Smart Tweezers Iskra™ lights the LED at the preset test current value and the on-off duty cycle. During this cycle, the device displays test current value, polarity indicator, forward drop voltage across LED and the duty cycle (Click here to see the display).
|Test Current :||1mA, 2mA, 5mA, 10mA, 20mA, 30 mA|
|Test Signal :||5 Volt (max)|
|Duty Cycle :||10%, 20%, 30%, 40%, 50%|
|Dimensions :||150mm x 18mm x 15mm|
|Weight :||30 gram (approx.)|
|Battery :||LiPo, 180mAh, 20hr continuous|
Steps to test LEDs using Iskra™
- To switch on the unit just press the control button at the back of the tool.
- Note: By default Iskra powers itself off automatically if not operational for 60 seconds.
- Test current and test pulse duration for the Iskra can be set to default settings by pressing the control button and holding it for about 2 seconds.
- To change the test current move the control button at the back of the unit UP and/or DOWN. Please see the Control Diagram on the right side.
- To change the test pulse duration move the control button at the back of the unit LEFT and/or RIGHT. Please see the Control Diagram on the right side.
- Just touch the gold plated test probes of the Iskra to LED contacts.
- Polarity symbol and forward voltage drop value will appear on the display and the tested
LED lights up at the preset current.
Rechargeable Built-in Li-Ion Polymer Battery
Just like other products of Advance Devices, Smart Tweezers Iskra™ also comes equipped with a built-in high-capacity Li-Ion rechargeable battery. A miniature USB Charging cord and power supply (220V-230V AC for Indian Standards) are included. Smart Tweezers Iskra™ can be charged from any standard USB port (that you can find on computers and laptop) or USB wall mount chargers.